New tools to create your own map:
- TinyMap - Quick and easy Google Maps
- Add your own map markers on CommunityWalk - Automatically adds a legend icon, shadowing and IE printing functionality. (Example here)
- GeoMonkey - Build your own map and explore others.
- Mapdaze - Google Maps creation tool meant for embedding into blogs.
- Google Maps Directions Bookmarklet Generator - This is cool. Add your consistent starting point for directions you run. Gens code that, once saved can be used for quick Google Maps directions later.
- Widgetop Google Maps Widget - Works for Firefox or Safari. Check out the website to learn how Widgetop works.
- More Google Maps Viewing Tools here..
- Google Maps API Pages - A new list of great Google Maps API "Pages" from the Maps API Group Homepage. They include:
- Known/Possible API Bugs
- API Feature Requests
- API Version Changes
- Links to Examples/Tutorials
- More Info: Custom Icons (for Markers)
- More Info: Events/EventListener
- More Info: GPolygon/GPolyline
- More Info: GTileLayer/GTileLayerOverlay
- More Info: InfoWindow
- More Info: KML on Google Maps
- More Info: Zooming
- Resources: (Non-Google) Geocoders & Reverse Geocoders
- Resources: Data Converters
- Resources: GIS(Geographical) Data
- Embedding Maps in Other Environments (Blogger, ASP, etc)
- Using Databases with GMaps Apps
Recent posts from The Official Google Maps API Blog:
- GDownloadURL Update - Better Error Checking!
- A Cool JSF and Maps Mashup
- Write Your (Valentine's Day) Messages in Google Maps
- GoogleMapsBook - Check out new posts from the Beginning Google Maps Applications "book blog"
- GoogleGeo - a class written to convert a US Street address into Geographic Coordinates. Full maps creation tutorial here.
- GeoCommons Promises Free Data for Map Mashups - Article from InformationWeek (Jan.23/07)
(For a condensed list, check here..)
Be sure to click the labels at the bottom of each post to see previous posts on the same topic.