Sunday, October 26, 2008

Around the World in 80 Seconds

Around the World in 80 Seconds


After dinner at the Reform Club yesterday I took a seat in the reading-room beside the open fire. I was soon joined by my usual five whist partners.

It was during the ensuing conversation that I somehow found myself betting twenty thousand pounds that it was possible to travel around the world in 80 seconds using the newly opened Google Earth browser plug-in.

What follows is my attempts to circumnavigate the globe in less than 80 seconds ...

Other Book Related Maps
_____________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You actually play whist? I'm guessing you didn't win the bet - it probably took way longer than 80 seconds just to create that tour! :-)

Keir Clarke said...

Frank,

I thought it might be the claim to be a member of the Reform Club that people called me on.

If you invite me onto your yacht some time I promise to teach you how to play whist ;)