Radio Aporee is a nicely presented sound map from Germany that has already mapped 3491 recordings.
To listen to a recording it is possible to search the map by location or you can just use the I feel lucky option and listen to random recordings. To add a sound you just need to click on the map and upload a recording.
Radio Aporee also have a number of walks recorded. These take you through a number of sounds that can be heard on a particular walk. After one sound has played the map then animates to the next recording. I recommend taking a walk through the Stadtgarten.
Other Sound Maps
- Woices - a worldwide sound map
- Sound Seeker Google Map - A map of sounds from around NYC
- Puget Soundscape - A map of recorded whale sounds
- Terrasound - 'soundwalks' in Portugal, Turkey, Switzerland and California
- GeoGraffiti - a 'free verbal message board'
- MyVox - add your own voice to Google Maps
- Montreal Sound Map -the sounds of Montreal