Sunday, February 14, 2010

Google and Bing Maps Bird's Eye View

Bird's Eye View

This map places Bing Maps' Bird's Eye View side by side with Google Maps' new Aerial View. It took me a few hours to put this together last night and provides a good comparison of the imagery available in each map.

I've selected a number of views to choose from. To view a location just click on one of the buttons under the map.

The map does have a few bugs. For some reason the map controls in the Google Map have gone a bit wonky. Bing Maps always zooms in too far for some reason and I have still to work out how to get both maps to synchronise properly. I'd like to develop this so that when you pan or rotate one of the maps the other map will update automatically. But I'll leave that for another day - or for someone with a little more patience.

_________________

2 comments:

jmaris said...

Any idea when the Portland aerial view was shot? Seems very similar to the time when I was there in July '09...

Anonymous said...

Did Microsoft erase the solar panels on the Googleplex or are the pictures just taken months ago?