SepiaTown is a new website that geo-tags historical photographs on Google Maps. The site also has plans to soon show film and audio clips as well.
You can search the map by location and thumbnails of available historical photographs will be displayed on the Google Map. You can click on a thumbnail image to see a larger version with file and credit information, as well as notes and commentary.
If you have your own historical photographs you can add them to the map.
- Then & Now - Australian Google Map showing historical photos alongside Street View images
- LookBackMaps - collection of historical photographs compared to Street View
- Utrecht van Boven - historical photos of Utrecht on a Google Map
- Sydney Sidetracks - a map of audio, video and photographic records of Sydney's past
- HistoGrafica - historical photographs on Google Maps
- Virtual Time Travel - archive film of locations. One of my own old mashups. Some of the videos may now have been removed from YouTube but there are still enough old films here to make it worth a visit.