FourWhere is a really cool Google Maps mashup that allows you to find reviews and comments from FourSquare about places around you. So, for example, if you’re looking for a place that serves great coffee, you can use FourWhere to find cafes and restaurants nearby and read reviews by Foursquare users.
FourWhere allows you to click on a Google Map and get nearby comments and venues that have been posted on FourSquare. To use the map right-click on a location and select to view either comments or venues around that location. The comments or venues are then displayed on the Google Map.
If you choose to view comments FourWhere uses numbered map markers to show how many comments have been made about a particular venue. If you roll-over the map marker the sidebar will automatically scroll to display all the comments about that venue.
This is a really useful map to find great restaurants, bars and cafes around a particular location.
- CheckoutCheckins - create a heat map of your Foursquare checkins.
- Where Do You Go? - also lets you create a heat map of your checkins.
- Create Your Own Foursquare Google Map - tutorial explaining how to create your own Google Map with your latest Foursquare checkins.
- SocialGreat - shows the locations of the current most popular places in cities.
- Peek Maps - embeddable widget that shows your recent FourSquare location on a Google Map.
- Ul.timate.info - Ul.timate.info is a FireFox add-on that allows you to check-in to Foursquare from any computer using IP and wifi based location services.