Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rate Your Street on Google Maps

Rate My Street

This is a nice idea to allow people to rate roads and streets for traffic, safety and general attractiveness.

To rate your street you just need to enter your address. Your street is then shown on Google Maps with a red map marker. If you click on the link provided you can then give your ratings for the street under a number of different headings.

Rate My Street is in Beta and it still has a number of teething problems. When I rated my street I encountered an error, which looked to have been caused by my using a sign in name that had already been used. I also can't work out how to view streets that have already been rated.

When these bugs are ironed out this could be a great site. The data that it gathers could be very useful for feeding back into a walking / biking directions application as well. For example, you could be given directions that avoids busy roads.

Via: Mapperz

________________

No comments: