Thursday, June 03, 2010

Video Inside Street View

Claremont Theater

Inspired by a demo I saw today from Historypin showing a video running inside of Street View I decided this evening to revisit my own experiment of embedding video in Street View.

The new demo shows a film clip from 1915 of the Claremont Theater in New York embedded in a view of the now abandoned theater in Street View. I think the demo looks really good and has a lot of potential.

At the moment if you pan the Street View the video stays centred on the screen and doesn't remain fixed to the Street View. I have an idea how I might fix this and might have a go at improving the demo over the weekend.

As ever, if you like what you see feel free to cut and paste and improve the code.

Here's another example: Jamaica St, Glasgow, 1901

________________

No comments: